Friday, August 18, 2017

Sort-Of, Sort-of, Sort-Of!

This post if for today Friday the 18th and although I'm riding tomorrow, my wife says she can see that I'm physically tired in the way I'm moving so Sunday will be off and next week I'll be back on the trainer for 30 to 45 minutes a pop if it works. Next week I'm back at work and therefore my time with the kiddos will start taking most of my time. I'm not sure if I'll do trainer rides and then Saturday and Sunday outside rides. I know that next week there will be some time devoted to moving furniture and setting up my classroom! I'm hoping to keep my knees healthy, but time to post will be at a premium again. So I will move to once a week like our good friend Richard has done since the birth of his sweet children! Thanks again Richard for all the encouragement and being moved to share your experiences so that the rest of us can learn via your experimentation. Check out savingmyknees
.blogspot.com Your eyes will be opened!

Lunch Ride_tandemonium_brksC15_broke it_129/63'115 Today's ride was supposed to be an easy 15 minutes out and 15 minutes back, but no, part of the way on the trail I got hung up on some bailing wire! No fun! It went around my crank and actually there is still some there. I managed to take my tandem out today. I modified it for one person and I won't lie to you, it was difficult. But my wife called me back just in time right after I got most of the bailing wire off the spindle! So to work on the crank and remove the wire I flipped the bike! I don't like doing this because it makes a mess out of your seat and the handle bars. But I was not having much success the other way so I flipped it! Now about ten minutes after I finished messing with the wire I came up on another big freaking log! I reach down and grab my seat and the whole thing pops off in my hand. Remind me to tell you how I'm a tester for seats for Brooks Ltd. So, I'll have to send another tester seat back to the builder so they can work out what happened to it! So I piece the seat back together and try to make it home. I was successful! The seat is not in good shape, oh well, that's why they pay me the big bucks to test products! Ha! It's all pro-bono work for supplying me with seats! This is the fourth one! Three of them still being used!

Rationale: A tandem weighs more and since I still had a tripple on this tandem, I'm going to try to do modified weight lifting with the tandem. I'll still be spinning like a bugger-boo, but hopefully I'll building strength and endurance.

OCN: 1:16.07 moving time for 6 miles at 4.8 MPH. I may not be doing a whole lot right with this build up, but one thing I am doing is going slow enough. Having the tripples have really helped me stay under. Although, the time I'm not being very good about.
Lbs.: 281.4 Tomorrow is a weigh-in day. My best results are normally Saturday and Tuesday. If you haven't figured out what day is best for you to weigh yourself you may want to wander down that little rabbit hole!
Nutrition: Thursday and Friday has gone well!

Saturday: Long Ride 1:49.09 minutes and 14 miles distance 7.7 MPH

I was being very strictly cautious today and was able to do 14 no hills, no accelerations, no out of the seat etc. The route I was on has this massive hill that I blew off by going cross country and it ended up getting a piece of glass imbeded in my tire! I did a partner ride today first time since early February! I told my friend if I go according to schedule perhaps we could ride again at Thanksgiving! Trying to get it in my brain that I need to take it easy! I just went up and down the stairs a couple of times I can feel that the glycogen in my legs is totally spent. I need to chillax!

OCN: 1:49.09 moving time 14 Mile Distance 7.7 MPH Still on a triple because it gives me a couple of gears to mess with. During the ride when I tried to increase the RPM or decrease the RPM I could feel a little bit of a nag in my right knee. We'll see what it says tomorrow!
LBS: 285 Boom! No comment!
Nutrition: Off day Wednesday, but on track the rest! With school starting up I normally do Intermittent Fasting I'm playing around with the idea of 16:8. I normally do 6:10 and I eat in a four hour period there at the end of the 10. Snack, meal two hours later, snack and I'm done for the night. On the 16:8 I would have to skip breakfast and I have never ever done that, so I really don't know!

No comments: