Friday, August 18, 2017

Every Other Day, Sort-Of Again!

So, Tuesday, I was off and good thing because the moving of furniture in preparation for the move has intensified. In fact one night, It was after being a bit tired moving a huge sectional couch, I managed to tweak my knee so in order to finish the work I put on a neopreme knee sleeve (neopreme seems to add a heating element to he support it is also giving). Once out of the shower my knees were back to being parallel so crisis averted.

This is the post for Wednesday 8/16/17 Morning Ride_Under Water_brksC17w/CO_129/64'103 at Olmos Basin
 We had a very hard rain two or three weeks ago and this whole area of the basin was under water. If you look at the discoloration of the foliage in the two pictures here you can see that the water three to four feet high. We have had it before where this whole area was as high as the viaduct that is above it. That would submerge century oaks etc. Crazy!

 I was fortunate that someone had been out to the trails recently to complete some maintenance and they were pristine on the embankment to the basin. The area pictured above was still mushy so no riding on there. Plus when they're mushy, it's hard to tell where the trails lie. I thought that it would not be any big deal to these trails, but alas my training effect was mostly gone. I was in the easiest gear which normally is too easy to do these trails, but this time I needed it badly.

I ended up with 1 hour and 32 minutes a little less than last time, but then last time I had to do lots of walking. Not this time! I almost managed ten miles! The look on my face is one of fatigue as you can see:
Or I guess it could be stubborn optimism!
OCN: 1:32.20 for 9.6 miles at 6.3 MPH
LBS. 281.4 (numbers are fluctuating wildly)
Nutrition: Since I'm writing this after the fact I can tell you my eating regime Wednesday night was nothing to be proud of and I'm dealing with some guilt! I'll get over it!

No comments: