Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Stress Test and T2D Lonely Journey

So, two weeks ago I had a minor heart issue, tightness on the right side of my chest, (tighness on the left side means a heart-attack, seek medical attention ASAP), I was going to blow it off, but folks at Ironheart Connect on Facebook and Nurse Karen on BezzyT2D set me straight and told me to go get it checked. Yesterday, I took a stress test, Bruce Protocol, which I've done many times but not like this!

I aced the test! Did it in it's entirety without any blood pressure issues! My rating was over ten METs or above average and felt like I was running for my life!

7K on the bike did the trick! Sean at Heart Clinic of San Antonio said, "all that exercise is paying off!" Thank you Sean, fellow musician, and thank you Dr. Colligan!

Today, I ride again!


"Only You ☝️ can prevent forrest fires 🔥!" From Smoky the Bear

In this case the Forrest Fire are rising blood sugar numbers! As a representative, an ambassador, and a sharer of T2D knowledge, I have a responsibility to my community! Yet, I'm back to using food to celebrate accomplishments! Yesterday, after Acing the stress test I went and had two tacos and a vanilla coffee and later at night I had two ounces of my favorite fruity trail mix! This morning's blood sugar numbers 141! Yowza! I have been trending up since being off the bike for two weeks, but it's the food as a celebratory means that really chaps my hide!

I tell our community members that, "it's a combination of everything that really brings one's numbers down," but if the exercise component (done in the way that is beneficial to you personally) is missing, then of course you will continue trending high! 

If you continue not exercising like you should and using food in a celebratory fashion then you will continue getting the results you are getting! Only you can make the difference in your numbers. It's not lonely in the sense of "I don't have any friends!" But lonely in the sense that the singular most important factor in your diabetic T2D remission is you! You control what you put in your body! You control how you exercise!

Thanks for coming to my epiphany Ted Talk to myself! If this helps you great! We are all in this together, but making a difference in a very solitary manner! Thanks Smoky for helping me put out the fire!

Time to ride!

No comments: