Saturday, February 03, 2024

Gregório's Circle of Life Memorial Ride

Quick before heading out on Greg Wilson's Solo Memorial Ride! We were riding buddies when we were kiddos! I didn't know how much his life and death would affect me. I spent the first half listening to Rock n Roll and the guitar riffs just kept flooding me with memories even now! The second half I fell on Samba de Janeiro another high energy song list! The energy was needed to tackle hills like this:
Luckily for me those hills were at the beginning at the one hour mark! Strava was glitching due to fog and interference from powerlines!
Smileage was 67 smiles in 6 hours at 11.1 smiles per hour! I had a feeling Synday's rides might be affected by the dangerous weather and flooding that was forecasted. Like Danny Vega says, "Ride when you can!" And today we couldn't! Maybe after a few hours of heat and sun we can try the SCG to Bullis - Eisenhower; I hope so!
The beast is different now:
48 lbs. Down since incorporating weights 3 or 4 days per week. I could feel the strength during the 67 miler, speed is still elusive!

No comments: