Thursday, November 17, 2022

Joe Friel: This just in...

So I recently bumped up mileage or kilometraje and I decided to give my body a break. 

For two months almost, I have been working out everyday! One stress. Then last week I bumped up my mileage. Stress number two. Yesterday, on a ride that I was supposed to be lollygagging on I managed to get the same time I had done on the previous day when I was doing multiple ladders, my guess more than five! In other words I was working my ass off! Stress number three! 

Today, crack of dawn, my resting heart rate that had been on a steady decline, jumped up twelve points! Translation, I was beginning to get overtrained! Overtraining is when the body doesn't get enough down time to recover from my daily exercise bouts!

Why Joe Friel, well, I just caught up on a lot of his recent articles yesterday and had it drummed in to me, you slow down to speed up! One has to rest! Working out everyday has a fatigue compounding effect!
In this picture, one I forgot to smile, so my true expression made it to social media. Two, I believe I look tired! When in doubt leave it out. So todays steady state workout is not going to happen!

No comments: