Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Bound to happen when you go out to eat!


So, yesterday on a mall walk, we stopped in at Cheesecake Factory, thinking they have such a varied and extensive menu, but alas what we tried did a number on my blood sugars! I talked about what I had on facebook on my latest post, so I won't repeat myself! 
The number continued today, oh by the way my FBS was 133 that knocked me out of my 13 day streak of blood sugar readings below 127! Now, today, like I said the isht storm continued. My lowest number was 108 not bad, but then we ate out twice and then my numbers really shot up to almost 150! I had not been this high since my diagnosis two months ago! Quelle merd!
So, I promptly turned to my best source of info, the internet! Ended up at no place else other than Healthline. If you don't know Healthline and BezzyT2D.com are connected and regularly give support to T2D people. Bezzy, I read is a UK slang term for bestie and T2D is short for Type 2 Diabetes. Well, I found info on Healthline from a doctor suggesting a walk when your number is sky high! Sky high for me! I had been on a 7 day streak at less than 110! Then I was on a thirteen day streak at less than 127! Now I'm on half a day at 133! Haha! And I thought I had this isht licked and locked-up! 
To complicate things, our weather has been ishtty all week! I was lucky just now, but I'm getting ahead of myself!
Anyway, Healthline has really good information! The doctor suggested I get a walk in before bed. The fact that bed came at 2 AM doesn't change the fact that my blood sugar was high. If I had gone to bed it would just have gotten higher! This way at least I give myself a chance to get an ok nunber in the morning! Sheesh, T2D is not easy to deal with on a daily basis!
I was remiss on telling you about my walk, other than having to pee the whole time I was out there, I did my best, I finished my walk in less than one hour, maybe it was because I had to goo! I wore all my reflective isht, my new gloves, and my old vest! I wore my warmest cold weather sleeveless vest, I already had my knickers on and I threw on my warmest long sleeve tog, I also had my bandito mask on! Past one mile, the cold was no longer an issue! The gloves did their duty! At one point a couple of cars were coming up from behind me at a high rate of speed and when I made my hand face their headlights, I could hear them let off on the gas!
Remember: BezzyT2D.com for Type 2 Diabetes Support! I'll be there too!

No comments: