Friday, November 29, 2019

Something Happened Sooner

I was looking forward to walking around the block! No, I had to go get a glitch in my back! Doing what exactly?! Cleaning out the cat box!Image result for cat box

We had awakened early to get a nice breakfast at La Madeleine across from Central Market!
Image result for La Madeleine logo An aside, breakfast at La Madeleine was not as much fun since I gave up coffee. Stupid heart! Coffee causes a cumulative effect on my heart rate, so by ten or eleven PM my freaking heart is racing and all I'm doing is sitting there watchin' TV! "No caffeine for you!" BTW their French country breakfast is really good! Would have been better with coffee!

So we come home after getting the last of the food for the Thanksgiving meal,
Image result for Thanksgiving feast and of course I have chores to do so I do them and then I'm all sweaty so I go and crank up the AC in the den to cool off and watch some TV. So after sitting there for a while, I can barely get up! I'm still wearing the boot 24/7 so it's not like I can handle something else right now. BTW my wife's Turkey turned out really good! I wasn't much help fixing it up, but I still did a couple of things! Then I washed the dishes while my bride napped! Somebody wanted to see the Cowboys get beat so we ate early as opposed to after the game! Still great fun though!

So what am I doing about it? Well all the over the counter stuff is doing zilch, nada, niente!

I was supposed to go for a leisurely walk around the block, no biggie! But this happened so I'm having to modify my rehab of my foot to accommodate my back! This week is the sixth week of having the boot, or boots! I trashed one and then got another! After this week according to Dr. Hughes in order to salvage the nerve damage I'm supposed to go 7/24 for another week. Well when medication isn't doing anything for my back (BTW long story short, I have an extra vertebrae in my back from a tail bone that did not fuse. An L6. Every once in a while it gives me grief when I have not kept my athletics exercise routine up). For the last two years when I do my periodization for cycling I end up having to pick up my riding early because my back will not allow me to stay stagnant for long.

Today, in an attempt to stave off the pain in my back that is keeping me from getting up easily and preventing me from walking a whole lot, I embarked on a thirty minute bike ride in the absolute fastest gear on my stationary bike downstairs. This is equivalent to having to lift weights with my legs. This motion and exercise seems to reduce the inflammation from the episode two or three days ago. It normally does the trick in about two or three days. Since it is Friday, Black Friday for that matter, the second one this year! I hope that is not an omen of things to come! Wish me luck!

No comments: