Friday, August 12, 2011

Consistency

Consistency
Wednesday, August 10, 2011, 1:06 PM [General]

Second week in a row that I've managed my tempo ride (40K TT Distance-26 Miles) with consistency finishing the distance 13 minutes better than my best time three years ago.

I've been working a lot with my gearing so that I'm makin' circles or spinning. I picked a gear that keeps my rpm (revolutions per minute) up, but it is not too hard or too easy. My best time from three years ago was achieved mashing the biggest I could handle for the given distance.

I've been reading a lot about maintaining a consistent tempo. Starting easy enough so that at the end you have something left, plus if you really want to race it in you have that option. Both these past two weeks I've bumped it up at the end, in essence, racing it in. I've been listening to the Everyday Cyclist with Graeme Street and getting some tips as well as reading my Active.com posts that come across facebook.

I've gotten these results on my road bike and I wonder how improved I would be on the TT bike. (Unfortunately I flatted recently and was going too fast to recover - haven't had the guts to take it in to the LBS Local Bike Shop in my case Cycle Logic Bike Shop for fear of the cost of a new carbon fork).

It has been exciting to work on this over the 1400 miles that I put in this Summer. It puts me at 3400 for the year and should be able to reach my goals by the end of the season. I just don't know if I will be able to try out the new strategy and technique with my current training on my time trial bike.

No comments: