Saturday, October 07, 2017

So, Pardon me As I Attempt to Recapture the Blogging Bug

The beginning of school has been a roller-coaster ride to say the least! New location on campus, still not used to it. Everywhere I go including the restroom takes forever to get there. I am often late and Principal Rubio, I promise I am working on that issue!

My kids are fantastic, I have the cream of the crop at my school! Fun, fun-loving, and smart! Krueger Middle School and KSAT Krueger School of Applied Technologies (Fancy title for, "Why? Yes, it is Rocket Science"). Our KSAT SLI team often comes from my Spanish Classes and of course I believe it is all because of me! Ha! Not! But our kiddos regularly outperform High School, Junior Colleges and even some techie Universities. Last year, our kiddos got the height award or mile award for going the furthest up! Very exciting!

My Soccer Club Leadership Team is in full swing, and club hasn't started officially yet! But, we are getting around thirty middle-schoolers out there ready to rock! Thank Krueger MS PTA for the Goals and equipment! The kids are loving it and so are we the coaches, Mr. Reyna STAN Counselor and yours truly Mr. Sharpley, the Spanish Guy! I mention the soccer club because my original knee injury started on the soccer field. Despite stretching regularly with the kiddos, I overdid it on the field. I am being so cautious on the field now that I feel like a slug, but I'm out there helping the kids!

Another thing that has affected us is the loss of our Fourteen Year Old, Brinca Dorada Caramelo, Brinks for short. As in, Brinks Security! Ha! She was a running dog and very playful even up to the weekend before we lost her. We normally go out in the country and bury our pets. The tradition continued, so for two weekends there: the weekend Harvey hit and last weekend was finally the weekend we actually put her in the ground. The rains were large and in charge. No we did not get anything close to H-Town, but I was afraid the dog was going to get washed away so I went in to the bedrock. So she is safe and secure on the rainbow bridge! Again, I mention this because digging is awfully hard on the knees so three weeks ago, ouch and then last weekend ouch again. Even though I didn't ride but once in there when I rode to school/work. My knees were screaming because of the digging and all the walking I do at soccer. Oh, yeah, I forgot, I had to show the leadership team how to do the stretches I like for soccer so of course I paid for that! I think it was Friday that week before my knees felt like normal. Normal is relative, now!

If you read this far thank you, share with your friends: Andando-de-Bicicleta.blogspot.com and for Richard SavingMyKnees.blogspot.com Again, thank you Richard. I would not be on the road to recovery if it were not for you, your blog and your book!

OCN: 24.X in two hours and change, spent more time spinning in the lighter gears because it had been three weeks since my last cycling confession. Two hours or so later my knees feel warm and cozy and no adverse effects! Came across a bycicle criterium race that actually took racers in front of the Alamo on the cobble stones. Cobble stone in Porutguese, my first language is a gas: paralelepipido. One of the longest words in Portuguese! Ha!
LBS: 276.2 Woo-hoo! I hinted at this lower number last week-end when we were installing four window unit air-conditioners (my task for the last two weeks). AC company quoted us 15 grand to upgrade our failed unit. I teach, I never see that kind of money! Ha!
Nutrition: Still in the positive! Losing a little at a time trying to solidify my jejum, still doing intermittent fasting at school! "Hooked on phonics worked for me!" obscure reference to a tv advertisement, which means, it's working!

No comments: