Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Clearance

Well, folks, all the King's Men and Women have put humpty dumpty back together again.

My new porcelain crowns are so comfy and smooth! It's like I just finished brushing them all the time.

My hand doctor has given me the ok to get back on the bike, but to continue compression on each individual finger because swelling happens during excercise to a greater degree in extremeties. Why is swelling bad? Because if hinders healing and gives you more problems with arthritis later on in life. So boys and girls take your nsaids - the benefits are not always seen or felt. Example: The other day I didn't take my aleve before I did my second test ride and I could feel every little vibration. There is plenty of vibration on a bike, especially an aluminum one!

I will do my best to not do too much too soon. But I am back on track, I cheated and did 20 miles yesterday easy and am drinking my liquids more often and not on heavy drugs that I don't know about.

1 comment:

Bobster said...

I forgot, it will take approximately 6 weeks to regain the training effect that I lost by being sidelined for three weeks. Tomorrow we'll try 30 miles at the crack of dawn.

But then I managed to read 5 books and three magazines. There's always a silver lining.

And, most of all, I managed not to gain a pound. I managed to only lose 4 tenths of a mile in speed on the bike.